Give your friends $10 off on their first order of $25+ and get $10 for each successful referral. With every successful referral, the referrer will also receive 100 Dream Reward points. New referrals must be first-time Skylar customers. The referrers reward is subject to a minimum spend of $30 prior to tax and shipping charges. The $10 reward code for referrer and the referred friend cannot be used to purchase gift cards, Skylar subscriptions, Add + Save products, or Free Discovery Set + Full Size fragrance. The $10 reward cannot be stacked or combined with other promotional offers and cannot be applied to tax or shipping fees. Limit one code per customer. Same household or self-referrals are not accepted.
Skylar reserves the right to refuse the issue of any reward to any referrer or referred friend at any time. Skylar reserves the right to vary any and all elements of this offer at any time without notice. Skylar reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to prevent any individual from participating in this or future promotions. Referral credit cannot be applied to previous purchases and is not redeemable for cash. This referral program is subject to modification or termination at any time.
Live the lifestyle of your dreams. Discover clean fragrance tips, DIY recycling how-tos, cocktails to match your favorite scents and more.
Get our latest features delivered
right to your inbox.
A Morning Affogato
Kick your morning routine up a notch by trying something new this summer: Ice Cream and Coffee. Affogatos are the perfect way to get your morning caffeine fix while simultaneously allowing you to enjoy the cold creamy delights of vanilla ice cream. The perfect way to make your day just an extra bit special.
Here are some tips to perfecting the art of this classic Italian dessert.
Frozen Lemon Cheesecake Bites
Beat the heat by trying out these homemade cheesecake lemon bites. Lemon bites are a fantastic alternative for popsicle enthusiasts with sensitive teeth, not to mention the mouthwatering zesty citrus flavor these bites pack. Great for family dinners or to bring as party favors, these individual little squares won’t disappoint!
Watermelon and Cucumber Slushie
Need something on the go? Try this watermelon slushie recipe. An office favorite, these slushies are a great way to get in some daily fiber while keeping you from overheating. This refreshing watermelon and cucumber slushie is your best friend for beating the summer heat guaranteed.
Greek Yogurt Pops
A combination between creamy, fruity, sweet and tangy this cold dessert is the stuff of dreams. Instead of reaching for those fruit pops, try making this quick and easy frozen treat that’ll impress the whole family.
Added Plus: Protein packed greek yogurt make this a guilt-free experience!
Choosing a summer destination is similar to shoe shopping. Endless beautiful options to choose from and never enough time. Where does one even begin?! Luckily for you, our team at Skylar had to make the same tough decisions and came up with a handy guide outlining our favorite destinations for Summer 2018. Take a look at some of our top picks, who knows, maybe you’ll discover your next perfect paradise!
4. Iceland - Yes, the secret is out about Iceland. In 2016 this country of 330,000 inhabitants hosted something like 1.7 million tourists, more than triple the visits of 2010. Certain attractions are being trampled beyond sustainability, and politicians have suggested imposing limits on tourism to protect the environment. The window on the sheer raw openness of the place may be closing, and 2018 may be your last shot to experience it.
5. Hawaii- Theres nothing like taking a classic trip to these beautiful islands. Fresh poke, gorgeous warm waters, and all-night luaus make this travel destination a favorite for families looking to get away for some fun in the sun.
We love Love, and we love the idea of celebrating it. But Valentine’s Day tends to be so...complicated. You know what we mean.
We think the most important type of love is self love. Buy yourself those flowers, get a massage, and enjoy a nice dinner—because you love yourself and you deserve it. The best part? You can keep it simple. We’ve rounded up our favorite ways to pamper ourselves in the shape of a few easy, at-home spa treatments.
7:00 am: Smoothie Operator
Super healthy juice doesn’t necessarily sound exciting, but we promise the right smoothie recipe can offer a real “treat yourself” moment. We love starting our day by making a spin on Heidi Swanson’s cherry smoothie recipe, using frozen strawberries and raspberries (because it is winter, after all). The delicious blend of fruit with nut milk, nut butter, and the unique addition of hibiscus water makes this smoothie rich, exotic, and brightly hued. Just the kind of special treat that’ll make you feel indulgent (without the guilt).
7:30 am: Spritz Yourself With Notes of Love
Our Love Notes Duo is the perfect combination of sweet-meets-spicy. Spritz on Meadow and bask in soft notes of tuberose, jasmine, and orange blossom all day. If you feel up to it, layer on Arrow to add some spiciness and create a unique scent that's feminine and alluring (you can always layer later in the day as well).
9:00 pm: Homemade Bath Salts Worth Their Salt
Bath salts are super easy to make yourself, with the added benefit of letting you blend your own scents to your liking. Take 2 parts coarse sea salt and blend with 1 part epsom salt (our choice for relaxing our oft-tired muscles). Add a pinch of baking soda for added skin softening and conditioning. Then add a few drops of your favorite essential oils, mix together, and store in a lidded glass container. Faster than you can say “Bath and Body Works.”
9:30 pm: Aw Sheet! Make Your Own Sheet Mask
These paper masks are ubiquitous, and for good reason: they’re awesome! But instead of putting mystery ingredients on your skin (um, snail slime?), it’s incredibly easy to DIY using your favorite natural serums (ours is Vintner's Daughter Active Botanical Serum). Just grab some organic cotton makeup puffs, soak them in your go-to serum to the point of being nicely saturated (but not dripping wet), apply them to your face and ta-da! Fifteen minutes later, you’ve got a glowing complexion. Next-level tip: If you want to step up your sheet mask game, you can spring for these.
Sweet, sweet sugar. What’s not to love? But we’re not talking about eating it—we’re talking about wearing it.
Most commercial fragrances are made with something called SD 40, which is made with ethanol that's typically fermented from corn. But Skylar scents are made using organic cane alcohol, which is derived from sugar cane. What’s the difference?
1. For one, cane alcohol is way more environmentally friendly than corn-based alcohols. An acre of sugar cane produces double the amount of alcohol than corn does, which means you don’t need as much land to produce the same quantities. It’s also energy efficient and cost effective. Win-win.
2. Organic sugar cane alcohol is even better. Since it’s distilled from cane sugar that was grown without any pesticides or fertilizers, there’s no fear of any of these chemicals ending up in, or on, your body. We can probably all agree that worry-free breathing is what we all deserve.
3. In order to be certified as organic, not only must the cane sugar itself be grown without chemicals, but the production methods used for distilling cane alcohol mustn’t result in pollutants that harm the environment. Conventional alcohol production can leave a trail of residues that infiltrate the soil, water, or air. You never have to worry about that with organic cane alcohol.
That’s why we’re so sweet on organic cane alcohol. It’s the perfect base for our luscious, natural, hypoallergenic scents, and the fact that it’s better for the earth is just icing on the cane. Curious about how Skylar? Try our scents today.
Can’t get enough pumpkin spice everything? Us, too. It might be because the scent—familiar but complex, warm and cozy—reminds us a lot of our bestselling Skylar fragrance this season, Arrow.
In addition to our perfume, if you’re looking for more ways to add a little spice to your beauty routine and make your senses tingle, try our favorite all-natural DIYs featuring pumpkin to make your skin look as delicious as it smells. The virtues of this seasonal squash go far beyond its tastiness—it’s chock full of vitamins and antioxidants that’ll do your body good inside and out.
Pumpkin Face Mask
Adapted from Beautylish
Benefit: exfoliate with pumpkin enzyme
2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp milk
1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional, but we like it for its acne-fighting properties)
1. Start with a makeup-free, freshly washed face.
2. Combine all ingredients.
3. Use your fingers to apply the mask, avoiding the eye area. Let set for 20 minutes.
4. Gently rinse and follow with your moisturizer of choice.
Pumpkin Spice Lip Balm
Adapted from DIY Natural
Benefit: nourish with vitamins and antioxidants
1 ounce pumpkin seed oil
1 ounce coconut oil
0.7 ounces beeswax
1/2 - 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (adjust to taste)
lip balm tins
1. Mix all ingredients in a glass vessel.
2. Heat on a double boiler until beeswax is melted.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, stirring occasionally. The lip balm will harden as it begins to cool.
4. Pour into lip balm tins as mixture starts to thicken.
5. Cool fully before placing lids on tins. Store in a cool, dry place.