Skylar is always the perfect companion on any trip- girls, family, or even solo. Read our favorite is a few inspirational travel destinations that will have you packing up your bags after nature calls. Find your inner zen, reconnect with nature, and live in the moment in these five must-visit US destinations.
- Yellowstone National Park : Escape busy crowds, unplug, and enjoy everything that awakens your inner explorer. Don’t worry ladies we don’t expect you to completely turn a getaway into a Lewis & Clark expedition, but we totally encourage adventure by taking a scenic float down the river or sit anticipate the geyser, Old Faithful, erupt multiple times a day. Trade the carpool lane for Yellowstone’s Sapphire Pool at Biscuit Basin and admire the bright blue water.. Don’t forget to pack binoculars to keep your eye out for bison, elk, coyotes, and all the rest of wild life the lush fields of Hayden Valley have to offer.
- Denver, CO: Pack your hiking shoes, some heels, and your Skylar perfume in your carry-on bag and go on a quick adventure to Denver. This underrated city not only offers nature, but great food and nightlife. The best part is being able to pack it all in one day. Start the morning by taking a hike to the hot springs. Spritz on Willow, and head to a Rockie’s game and enjoy the field from The Rooftop at Coor’s field (Make sure to give yourself extra time like a true local to buy a $3 Coor’s before first pitch and get compliments on this “got to have” signature scent). After the game finishes, stroll around the city’s streets and pop into one of the local breweries. Enjoy a city panoramic view at dinner El Five. To top off the night open a bookcase and enter Williams & Graham, a prohibition-era speakeasy and turn back the hands of time.
- Lake Tahoe: Nestled in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Lake Tahoe is the perfect place to plan a getaway with girlfriends. Without the snow, explore the popular ski resorts-turned summer hiking destinations. Take a car ride around the lake and don’t forget to pull off for a photo-opp. Make sure to wash your worries away and take a dip in water for a perfect mid-afternoon splash. To kick up adrenaline up a notch, soar high in the sky while going parasailing to get the true bird’s eye view of what Tahoe has to offer. If you’re looking for something calmer, take a moment to go back in history at the Donner Pass museum followed by a tasty treat in Truckee. It may have been much easier to strike gold here in the past, but after an adventure here with your friends you will see your memories are priceless.
- Big Sky, MT: Being a true Skylar gal, we know the sky’s the limit. To remind you how big the world is, and how much it has to offer take a quick trip to Big Sky. Not only do we love clean scents at Skylar, we love fresh air and R&R. Pack a picnic, a blanket, and your favorite sunnies and head off the “treasure state.” Bring yourself back to childhood and lose yourself in the clouds. Ignore TLC’S advice and take a short one mile hike to go chasin’ waterfalls- Ousel Falls is perfect for a solo, group, or even family mid-day adventure. Laugh, smile, and remember that the hills are alive with the sound of music. Pick your favorite flowers of the day along a walk and create the perfect-picture flower crown to capture your pure bliss.
- Martha’s Vineyard, MA- If you still want to enjoy the last days of summer with a beach retreat, don’t worry Skylar gal, we’ve got the perfect place for you. Take a quick ferry ride off the coast of Massachusetts and enjoy and island retreat. Escape the mainland and let the salt air rejuvenate you. Walk through a Japanese-style garden, Mytoi, hidden in an open pine forest. Take a tour of the various lighthouses via a beach cruiser and snap your most wanderlust photo- just don’t let that Skylar rollie fall out of your back pocket. Sneak off to catch some zzz’s under a shaded tree and listen to the shore break. As the day winds down, soak in the moment and enjoy a beach side stroll at sunset. Of course, don’t forget to feel like a true Martha’s Vineyard gal- treat yourself to a fresh waffle cone topped with delicious ice cream, because even when enjoying nature we can all still enjoy a sweet treat.
We can't wait to go on adventures with you.