Choosing a summer destination is similar to shoe shopping. Endless beautiful options to choose from and never enough time. Where does one even begin?! Luckily for you, our team at Skylar had to make the same tough decisions and came up with a handy guide outlining our favorite destinations for Summer 2018. Take a look at some of our top picks, who knows, maybe you’ll discover your next perfect paradise!
- Dubrovnik, Croatia - Situated on the Adriatic Sea, Croatia is one of the most beautiful countries in Europe. With its unique location behind castle walls, deep cultural roots, nude beaches, great food and incredible history, it's a must-see.
- Positano, Italy - There are many beautiful towns and villages along the Amalfi coast but Positano is the arguably the most photogenic. This former fishing village turned chic resort is the place to be seen and attracts a good looking, exclusive crowd. Its orientation also makes it really stand out – you’ll find Positano perched atop a steep rocky hill and it's pretty narrow streets wind all the way down to the water. Think gorgeous pastel villas clinging to the mountainside, exclusive boutiques, cosmopolitan restaurants and a mostly crowded but very cute pebble beach.
- Copenhagen, Denmark - Copenhagen is fast becoming one of the must-visit destinations for people across the globe. The city is buzzing at the moment with a mixture of great people, food and things to do and see. Not to mention Noma, which has been voted the best restaurant in the world several years in a row now.
4. Iceland - Yes, the secret is out about Iceland. In 2016 this country of 330,000 inhabitants hosted something like 1.7 million tourists, more than triple the visits of 2010. Certain attractions are being trampled beyond sustainability, and politicians have suggested imposing limits on tourism to protect the environment. The window on the sheer raw openness of the place may be closing, and 2018 may be your last shot to experience it.
5. Hawaii- Theres nothing like taking a classic trip to these beautiful islands. Fresh poke, gorgeous warm waters, and all-night luaus make this travel destination a favorite for families looking to get away for some fun in the sun.