Bring the vacation to you with this decadent summer meal. From the Hawaiian Islands to the Carribean, these recipes are sure to leave you asking for seconds.
Tropical Salmon with Mango Salsa and Coconut Rice
The health benefits of salmon are widely known. Salmon is high in Omega-3 fatty acids and loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
- Salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- Whisk together lime juice and zest, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in large baking dish.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish and let it marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- While the salmon grills, start working on the coconut rice and mango avocado salsa.
- Coconut Water
- Canned coconut milk
- Jasmine rice
- In a medium saucepan bring coconut water, coconut milk, rice and salt to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until liquid has been absorbed for around 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then let it rest 5 minutes.
Mango Avocado Salsa
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Cilantro and lime
- Olive oil and coconut water
- While the salmon is grilling prepare the mango salsa. In a medium bowl toss together mango, bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, avocado, lime juice, olive oil, and coconut water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve salmon warm with coconut rice and top with avocado mango salsa.
Piña Colada SpritzerThere's no better way to embrace a vacation than with coconut and pineapple. This sparkling and fun drink will add fun to any festivity. Make it spicy with a splash of rum.
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp Pineapple Juice
- Agave Syrup
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (for decoration)
Combine all ingredients into your favorite glass with ice. Blend and enjoy!