Can’t get enough pumpkin spice everything? Us, too. It might be because the scent—familiar but complex, warm and cozy—reminds us a lot of our bestselling Skylar fragrance this season, Arrow.
In addition to our perfume, if you’re looking for more ways to add a little spice to your beauty routine and make your senses tingle, try our favorite all-natural DIYs featuring pumpkin to make your skin look as delicious as it smells. The virtues of this seasonal squash go far beyond its tastiness—it’s chock full of vitamins and antioxidants that’ll do your body good inside and out.
Pumpkin Face Mask
Adapted from Beautylish
Benefit: exfoliate with pumpkin enzyme
2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp milk
1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional, but we like it for its acne-fighting properties)
1. Start with a makeup-free, freshly washed face.
2. Combine all ingredients.
3. Use your fingers to apply the mask, avoiding the eye area. Let set for 20 minutes.
4. Gently rinse and follow with your moisturizer of choice.
Pumpkin Spice Lip Balm
Adapted from DIY Natural
Benefit: nourish with vitamins and antioxidants
1 ounce pumpkin seed oil
1 ounce coconut oil
0.7 ounces beeswax
1/2 - 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (adjust to taste)
lip balm tins
1. Mix all ingredients in a glass vessel.
2. Heat on a double boiler until beeswax is melted.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, stirring occasionally. The lip balm will harden as it begins to cool.
4. Pour into lip balm tins as mixture starts to thicken.
5. Cool fully before placing lids on tins. Store in a cool, dry place.
Skylar scents were made to be fresh, gentle, and not overpowering. They are lighter than conventional perfumes because they do not have harmful chemicals like phthalates which extend the wear but are also hormone disrupters. Looking to have your scent by your side all day and night? Check out some of our suggestions!